Ad Home

Monday, April 4, 2016

6 terrorists captured by troops in Boboshe, Kadawu



Troops of 22 Brigade Garrison, Army Headquarters Strike Group (AHQ SG) accompanied by some Civilian JTF on fighting patrol to Boboshe, Garna, Kyare, Kadawu, Gineba and Ajiri have arrested 6 Boko Haram terrorists.
They also recovered Improvised Explosive (IED) making devices on Sunday.
According to Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, “although the fighting patrol team found Boboshe village virtually empty, they however recovered 8 industrial gas cylinders and 5 regular gas cylinders at a Primary School being used for IED making and also recovered a Pickup vehicle.
“The patrol team captured 3 Boko Haram terrorists at Kadawu and recovered 4 motorcycles, 3 bicycles 1 solar panel and 2 liquid herbicides.
“At Garna, the troops also captured 3 suspects and recovered 7 locally made guns from them.”


IMG-20160403-WA0010

IMG-20160403-WA0011

IMG-20160403-WA0012

IMG-20160403-WA0013
IMG-20160403-WA0014

Sunday, April 3, 2016

NNPC gets 41% allocation for supply of PMS – PPPRA


The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) said the Nigeria NNPC would have 41.73 per cent allocation for supply of Premium Motor Spirit in the second quarter.
This is contained in a statement signed by Lanre Oladele, Head, Corporate Services, on Sunday in Abuja.

” The NNPC has 41.73 per cent of the total allocation, while the rest of the oil Marketing Companies got a total allocation of 58.27 per cent.


According to the statement, the Acting Executive Secretary of PPPRA, Mrs. Sotonye Iyoyo, says the agency will retain the retail prices of N86.00 for the NNPC, and N86.50 for the other Marketing companies.

It added that the pump price of Household Kerosene (HHK) would also remain unchanged from what it was in the last quarter.

“Therefore, marketers are advised to ensure that there is no price distortion in their respective retail outlets.”

It further added that PPPRA would continue to monitor the global oil market performances and make reasonable changes consistent with the newly-adopted price modulation principles.


It appealed to depot owners to strictly adhere to the prevailing truck-out policy made by the agency, to ensure that petroleum products got to their designated retail outlets nationwide.

It warned that adequate sanctions awaited any depot-owner found to be hoarding products.

On the news making the rounds that the agency was planning to increase the pump-price, it urged members of the public to ignore such rumour, as prevailing market indicators did not support such.

“PPPRA is resolutely committed to the sustenance of its reform initiatives, in order to further guarantee adequate supply of products nationwide.

“We therefore assure Nigerians of our total commitment to service delivery, in the quest to deliver on our mandate to the people of Nigeria,” the statement said.

It urged motorists to desist from panic-buying, as PPPRA was working hard with other sister-organisations to ensure that the current supply and distribution challenges were resolved within the coming days.

Four Killed in Rival Cults’ Supremacy Battle



Four people, including a 20-year old man, have been reportedly killed in Ilorin, Kwara state capital, at the weekend when two suspected rival cults engaged in a supremacy battle in the ancient  town.

Last week Sunday, members of suspected cultists struck at Ikokoro/Sakamo  area of Ilorin and killed one person.

The current incident, according to THISDAY checks, happened at Babaoko, Ita-Amodu and Agbo-Oba areas  of Ilorin between 9.30 on Saturday night  and 4 o’clock on Sunday morning in the affected areas of  the town.

During the melee, dangerous weapons, like cutlasses, ‎dane guns, dagger among others were freely used by the suspected cultists.

It was gathered that, the development however created tension around the affected areas as residents of the areas ran for safety.

Eyewitness account  told journalists on Sunday in Ilorin  that, at the end of the different operations, four people including a 20 year old boy were  allegedly  shot by the cultists.

ThisDay

Fraudsters behind Boko Haram video – Arewa group



A socio-cultural organisation, Arewa Youths Integrity Forum, on Sunday in Abuja described the latest video of Boko Haram claiming that it had yet to surrendered as the handiwork of some selfish Nigerians who want insurgency to continue.

The group described the individuals as “war entrepreneurs”, who defrauded the administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan to the tune of billions of naira.

Speaking with journalists, the National President of AYIF, Alhaji Ibrahim Abubakar said with the recently released video, it was obvious that there is a crack within the ranks of the Boko Haram Islamic terrorists.

According to him, the fraudsters are now back to their game of wanting “to keep exploiting Boko Haram for monetary gains with the claims of negotiation and ceasefire.”

He said it was a good thing that the Nigerian Army and indeed the military dismissed the indirect call for a truce and pressed on with President Muhammadu Buhari’s orders as Commander in Chief to wipe out the terrorists.

Abubakar said, “They will use the two videos as compelling argument to draw the Federal Government into engaging them as brokers and will thus pocket the proceeds of the media they had carefully set up. The nation must not be led down this path again.

“Furthermore, an equally possible facet is that Boko Haram sponsors, patrons and benefactors who want to rubbish the Army and the Federal Government used paid actors for either of the videos or for both. The intention would be for the Federal Government and Army to become complacent and engage in premature celebration of a seriously battered Boko Haram and consequently slowing down the offensive against the murderers who will then have time to regroup and receive arms and logistics to take on the military.”

He appealed to the government not to be lured into any false sense of achievement by the kind of trick that Boko Haram just pulled to avoid the mistakes of the previous administration.

“The only surrender that Nigerians will recognise is that of Boko Haram members or leaders. Surrendering by video or any other indirect method is not acceptable. The crimes they committed were committed in person, so they should also surrender in person. Those who want to continue fighting the Nigerian state have made their choices as enemy combatants and the rules of engagement are clear”, Abubakar stated.

He called on the security agencies to use their wealth of expertise to review the hardware displayed in the second video with a view to establishing their country of origin.

The AYIF also drew the attention of the Nigerians to a deliberate and calculated campaign of  calumny aimed at misleading the public and cause disaffection among troops.

Abubakar said, “Any attempt by any individual or group of persons to associate the military and indeed the Nigerian Army with such will be a total waste of time, energy and resources. We are proud professionals bound by discipline, unflinching love, loyalty, espirit-de-corps and love for our colleagues and  our country.

“We would remain focused and would not be distracted by irritating campaigns of calumny or fabricated lies by some unscrupulous elements. It is therefore very imperative at this point to warn all those mischief makers to desist from these unpatriotic and  obviously subversive acts in any guise.”

Punch