Ad Home

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Awakening

The smell of dawn eased across my nostrils, was still on my bed, jeez, i still wanted to sleep more. Of course "sleep" is such a sweet bastard. Forgive my language. Now, where was i? Ok, still on my bed. I reached for my phone which must have said to itself " ooh this stupid boy has come again" lol, what do you expect? She is my smart phone. And then i pushed a button just to have a glimpse of what time it was. But the screen was gonna blind me with its insane brightness. After much hasle, pheww i caught a glimpse, the time was about 7:08am. Why are you surprised? I'm at home on holiday duh! I can sleep for as long as i want. But my mum was gonna burst into my room anytime soon to drag me out for morning prayers. Oooh ah! I still need just a little bit of sleep. I shut my eyes just to plead a minute or two from the "sleep goddess" but... She was gone, why? Why me?. I checked my phone again it was 7:15am. I could hear the sound of a tambourine in the distance. My mum was out already in the living room, singing worship songs, i felt uncomfortable already, she was definitely gonna come and hunt me down like a hunter does to a game. And suddenly, there was a deafening silence. "Yeah right, an angel is passing by" i said to myself. This lingered for a minute or three. And suddenly i heard "kola!! Common get off that bed and come and join me" "chai" i said to my self.  This woman can scream for Nigeria in the Olympic games. Phew!  I reluctantly advanced to the living room to join "Mary the mother of Jesus"

3 comments:

  1. jeez this is exactly what happens to me almost every day. big ups kola- Yetunde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kolawole ooo. hahahaha. nice one dear, i totally relate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo Blaqy Chan, i totally relate oooo

    ReplyDelete